After graduating from Long Island University with a Bachelor of Science degree, Joseph Farber obtained his Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School in 1968. As one of the original founders of the firm, he has made important contributions to its banking practice, and has been an active force in many legal and civic organizations within the New York community.
Mr. Farber has functioned as Managing Attorney for Queens Legal Services Corporation, and has been a Trustee of the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of New York. Mr. Farber has served as:
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Cross County Federal Savings Bank
- Member, Board of Directors, The Tiegerman School
- Past Chairman of the Board, Flushing, Willets Point, Corona, LDC
- Past President, Queens Chamber of Commerce
- Past District Governor, Lions Club International
- Former Member of the Board of Trustees Red Cross of Greater New York
- Past Chairman of the Board, Lions Eye Bank at North Shore University Hospital
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern District of New York
- U. S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York State Supreme Court
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
Mr. Farber has an extensive experience in general litigation, family and banking law. His time is devoted to real estate and commercial mortgage transactions for FRK's clients.